Home Delivered Meal Eligibility in Mason County, WV
Seniors in Mason County, WV, may qualify for Home Delivered Meals service. This valuable meal program offers at least five meals per week for eligible individuals. To receive meals, you must:
- Be over 60 years of age
- Be homebound* (unable to eat meals at our senior center) and unable to meet basic nutritional needs* either temporarily or long term
- Have no other reliable means of obtaining your daily meals
- Reside in our service area (Mason County, WV)
* Homebound: Unable to leave the home without considerable difficulty and/or assistance. A person may leave home for medical treatment or short/infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, such as a trip to the barber or to attend religious services, etc.
* Unable to meet basic nutritional needs: Unable to prepare/have difficulty preparing at least one nutritious meal daily because of physical or mental limitations, or unable to obtain/have difficulty obtaining necessary food.
A spouse, no matter of age, would qualify to receive a meal along with the actual program participant.
A suggested contribution per meal is calculated based on income; however, no one is turned away due to inability to pay.
For more information on our home delivered meal program, please give us a call at: (304) 675-2369 or fill out our online contact form.